Now I love my boy Jack and I know that many of you also love your pets too. I'm sure many of you would agree that they are a part of the family and that there is a spot under the tree for them too. Jack and I have put our heads together and come up with the following suggestions as gift ideas for you pooch.
Does your dog have a favourite toy or game that they like to play? What is their ideal Christmas morning?
12 Christmas gift ideas for your dog
- Puzzle toys – not only will they help to slow down how quickly your dog eats but it will also provide them with important mental stimulation.
- Purchase them their favourite treat – but remember not to wrap it under the tree and expect them not to touch it!
- Make a donation to a rescue centre on behalf of your dog – giving a shelter dog a good Christmas is important too!
- Foster a pet over Christmas to get them out of the shelter, this can double as a playmate for your pet. And you never know, you might end up with a foster fail…
- There is no better gift than good health so why not take them for a health check with your favourite vet
- Get your dog a new toy that you wouldn’t normally get them – like that squeaky toy that is going to drive you crazy but they will love destroying. And while you’re at it, why not donate one to the shelter dogs at the same time
- Go on their favourite walk, let them take the time to sniff, make new friends and pee on all of the trees that they like.
- Pick up a new blinged out tag with up to date contact details – and while you are updating the tag, make sure that their microchip details are up to date too!
- Set up a scavenger hunt in the backyard for your pooch. Get them to follow their nose and find all of the yummy treats that you’ve hidden in the garden.
- Spoil them with a new collar & lead
- Pop into the poochy parlour for a pamper session – nothing quite like cuddles with freshly cleaned dogs
- Take them to visit Santa for a photo – many vet clinics and shelters will organise pet friendly Santa photos which will often support a local shelter or animal related charity.