Dr Belinda - The New Bondi Vet...
I've made it into the Top 50 in the search for the next Bondi Vet. There is some pretty tough competition out there but I've got some pretty convincing reasons why I should be take the reins from Dr Chris Brown. Sit back, relax and enjoy.
- I make my already adorable patients into unicorns with the help of acupuncture
- My veterinary superpower is resilience - now that's bound to come in handy having a public profile
- I don't let a little wee get in the way of a great picture
- I want to use my profile for the good of the veterinary community and shed light on the ever so important topic of mental health
- I know it takes a team to help keep our furkids healthy and I have no desire to pretend that I am a one woman band.
- Our daughters, sisters, cousins, aunties, nieces need strong female role models to show them that if they want they can be a mum, a vet, a boss and a kick-ass leader.
- Did I mention acupuncture? I perform acupuncture!
- I'm not afraid to share a bit of me when it comes to inspiring our future veterinarians. If sharing my struggles can help them to struggle less then I'll do it without hesitation.
- Because education is key to improving the quality of lives of our pets. Judgement and criticism get us nowhere.
- I come up with great slogans like - "Chocolate for pets? No! Chocolate for vets? Yes"
- I face swapped with a patient during their blood pressure check - we were both killing time whilst the machine was doing it's magic.
- I love the challenge of visiting a preschool and talking to 3, 4 and 5 year olds about what it means to be a vet and how to be safe around animals.
- I will never talk someone out of being a vet, I always encourage it. I'm not jaded by this profession and I believe that so much good comes from it.
- Did I mention my Samoyed patients? I am the proud Auntie to 5 sensational Samoyeds.
- I have celebrity pet endorsements galore! Be sure to go forth and follow these adorable pets!
So now all that is left is to follow these three steps:
- Sign up to www.bondivet.com
- Verify your email address
- Vote for Dr Belinda Parsons